So I purchased a book called “The Magic” by the Secret a good couple months ago. I had all the intention in the world to follow it’s teachings for the set 28 days and I started off really well…but life happened and I strayed off the beaten path. Now that things are quiet at work I have decided to give it another go and actually follow through.
To keep me focused I thought blogging the daily teachings & sharing with you might keep me motivated and at the same time might help some of you to bring your most positive enlightened self into 2013 as well. I don’t know about you but I certainly have nothing to loose & I know from experience that the things the Secret teaches do actually work, when you do it correctly. So lets Dream, Believe & Achieve together over the next 28 Days!
MAGIC PRACTICE NUMBER 1 (Summary)
1. First thing in the morning, make a list of ten blessings in your life you are grateful for.
2. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing.
3. Go back and read your list, either in your mind or out loud. When you get to the end of each one, say the magic words, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and feel the gratitude for that blessing as much as you can.
4. Repeat every morning for the next 27 days.
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
“When I started counting my blessing, my whole life turned around.” Willie Nelson
You will have heard people say “Count your blessings”, and when you think about the things your grateful for, that exactly what you’re doing. But what you may not have realized is that counting your blessings is on of the most powerful practices, and it will magically turn your whole life around. When you are grateful for the things you have, no matter how small they may be, you will see those things instantly increase.
The flipside is that when we’re not counting our blessings, we can fall into the trap of unintentionally counting negative things. We count negative things when we talk about the things we don’t have. We count negative things wen we criticize or find fault with other people, when we complain about traffic, waiting in lines, delays, the government, not enough money or the weather. When we count negative things they increase too, but on top of that, with every negative thing we count, we cancel out blessing that were on their way.
“Better to Lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles.” Maltbie D. Babcock 1858 – 1901 (Writer & Clergyman)
First thing in the morning, or as early in the day as you can, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. You can write our your list by hand, type it on a computer, or use a special book or journal and keep all of your gratitude in one place. Today you are going to make a simple list of 10 blessing in your life you are grateful for.
When you think about the reason why you’re grateful for a particular thing, person or situation, you will feel gratitude more deeply. Remember that the magic of gratitude happens according to the degree of your feelings!
Here are some ideas for writing your list:
* I am truly blessed to have What? , because Why? .
* I am so happy and grateful for What? , because Why? .
My list of 10 that I am most thankful for…
1. I am truly grateful for my Fiance Marcello, because he is my best friend, he knows me better than anyone else and still loves me endlessly despite of all my faults. He has the ability to make me smile even when I feel like my world is ending…he is my light. I am so thankful that the relationship we have shared for 11 years has gone from strength to strength and that we found a love that has yet to loose it’s original glow… butterfly’s and all. My heart still skips a beat when see each other.
2. I am blessed with the most amazing parents. They are two of the most down to earth, caring and selfless people…and at the same time never a push over, which meant that they knew how to be like a friend when it counted and how to be a strict parent when necessary. I am a better person for all they taught me and for all the times they said No. 😉 There were many of those times. hehehe They definitely raised a level headed, intelligent woman with good morals and manners. Thanks to them I am not afraid to reach for the stars.
3. I am grateful for all the creative talents God so graciously blessed me with, because those talents have always allowed me to express myself. It’s allowed me to see the world differently to most…it keeps me grateful for the beauty that is life.
4. I am so thankful for my health, because I know that without it everything else is worthless. I am grateful for a strong healthy body and mind that I can be proud of .
5. I am blessed with a handful of truly awesome friends, because they are true friends. We only have love and respect for one another.
6. I am grateful for my job and all the work, because it gives me the means to enjoy the comforts. With it I am able to live a happy comfortable life.
7. I am blessed to have a sister, because she has always been a constant in my life…we grew up and experienced much of the same things together.
8. I am grateful for my extended family, because with them I gained new friends and a lot more love. 🙂
9. I am thankful for the orthodontist & maxillo surgeon that have helped towards fixing my teeth, I’ve always had such a complex about my mouth and I am finally seeing the results I want to see. I’m grateful that I had the means to make it happen and for the fact that I am now more confident and happy for it. I also have so much to still look forward to and be grateful for as the end result will be so worth it all!
10. I am grateful for the beautiful Country I live in, because we have it all here…great weather, friendly people, some of the most beautiful attractions in the world, no serious natural disasters ..big plus, and a history that makes us interesting to the rest of the world. For all we have overcome as South Africans…we are an AWESOME nation!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!