“Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some.” Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
Magic Practice 2 – Summary
The Magic Rock
1. Repeat Steps one to three of Magic practice 1 – Count your blessings. (write 10 reasons why you are grateful)
2. Find a “Magic” Rock and put it by your bedside.
3. Before going to sleep tonight, hold your magic rock in your hand and think of the best thing that happened to you today.
4. Say the magic words, Thank you, for that moment or thing.
5. Repeat the Magic Rock practice every night for the next 26 days.
In the beginning of working with these practices, it takes concentrated days in a row to make gratitude a habit. Anything that reminds you to be grateful is helping you turn your life into gold, and that is exactly what this practice is about.
Lee Brower presented the gratitude rock practice in The Secret film and book, when he told us the story of the father of a dying child who used a gratitude rock to be grateful for his son’s health, and his son made a miraculous recovery. Since then the magic rock has been a proven success with many people the world over, who have used it for money, healing & happiness.
First find a rock or stone. Choose a small size that fits in the palm of your hand and that you can close your fingers around. Choose a rock that is smooth, without sharp edges, not too weighty, and that feels really good in your hand when you hold it.
It can be any rock…from your garden, a riverbed, ocean or park. You may even have a precious rock or stone already that you can use as your magic rock.
When you have found your Magic Rock, put it by your bedside, in a place where you will definitely see it when you go to bed. Clear some space if necessary so that you can easily see your Magic Rock when you go to bed.
Tonight, just before you get into bed to go to sleep, pick up your Magic Rock, hold it in the palm of one hand, and close your fingers around it. Think back carefully through all the good things that happened during the day, and find the best thing that happened that your’re grateful for. Then say the magic words, thank you, for the best thing that happened. And that’s it.
Every night for the next 26 days, follow the same Magic rock practice.
The Count Your Blessings & Magic Rock practices will ensure that you begin and end your days in a state of gratitude.
My list of 10 things I am most grateful for today….
1. I am thankful that my ankle has healed nicely, because I am finally able to run again…able to walk normally again in all my beautiful high heels…sooo missed them. 😉
2. I am grateful that I am at work and earning a salary today because it means that I am able to have the things I need and want.
3. I am blessed today because of all the relationships as they make my life more meaningful.
4. I am thankful for the holiday season, because it’s the happiest time of year for everybody…it also means that people start to wind down so stress levels are lower. 😉
5. I am thankful for the rain, because it means that we are being blessed with an abundance of water to sustain us.
6. I am blessed to have my pets…because they bring endless joy to my life.
7. I am grateful for the fact that I have a roof over my head every night, food on the table and am surrounded by all the creature comforts I need. And I spare a thought for those who don’t have all my blessings…I wish to send them blessings this Christmas season.
8. I am thankful for my sight that I can see all the beauty that surrounds me daily.
9. I am thankful that I can hear all the happy cheer of the season…listen to peoples stories and laugh with them.
10. I am grateful for the opportunity to share all my blessings through this blog everyday!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!